Thursday, April 22, 2004

Orange Crush

Red, Red Wine
Come join me Thursday April 22 as I will be selling raffle tickets and working the room for the Community Service Society’s Annual Fundraiser at Eugene. There’s a two-hour open bar and appetizers. I just picked up a copy of the list of the raffle prizes which includes a trip for two to the Caribbean, restaurant and spa certificates and Watson Adventures passes. If you don’t win, console yourself in knowing that you gave to a good cause, and you got tipsy doing it. Did I mention the two-hour open bar from 6:30-8:30PM?! Tickets are $40 in advance ($50 door) and can be purchased at the CSSNY site.

Blue Moon
Robert Whaley, flirty lead singer and fabulous coronet player of the Niagaras, dances frenetically on stage as if he were possessed by the devil! The Niagaras are the ultimate party band. You'll wanna dance until the cows come home! They're playing at the Cutting Room (19 West 24th Street between 6th and Broadway)on Saturday April 24th at midnight.

It Ain’t Easy Being Green
Last Saturday, my friend and I happened upon Café 111 in Brooklyn Heights for dinner, at my urging because I wanted to check out the live music there. To my surprise, we enjoyed a delightful set by the excellent and eccentric Ethan Lipton. First, he did a few short songs a cappella, and I didn’t know if he was joking. Then the rest of the trio came up and they were great! To describe the music, it can be best described as eclectic and effervescent. Ethan’s is playing at the Liberty Heights Tap Room (34 Van Dyke St./Brooklyn) on Saturday at 10PM. It is definitely worth the trip to Red Hook with my good friend and vocal acrobat Zero Boy is also performing.

Purple Rain
When in Brooklyn, drink like the Romans! Go to Quench Bar on 282 Smith Street at Sackett St in Carroll Gardens. Potent and inspired potables like Raspberry mojitos will definitely quench your thirst. I stopped last weekend with a friend and loved the bar instantly. You can easily fall off the bar stool while singing along to 80s hits on the great jukebox from bands like The Fixx and ABC. It’s the look of love, baby!

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Help Me Find A Boyfriend! I have decided to take my search off-line. I know some of you were enjoying this section each week, but I think it is best to conduct my search undercover or under the covers as the case may be. Hey, I will continue to write something FUNNY, even it’s about love, work or Bush. Even I can get “Kerryed” away by all the craziness!

No comments: