Thursday, April 08, 2004

Automatic For The People

Village People
Nichelle has drifted to
Typepad. Please add to your favorites!!!

Happy Easter! Happy Passover! Happy Spring! I am so ready to pack up
my winter clothes. In fact, I may purge some stuff by donating to the
Salvation Army. However, I don’t recommend Beacon’s Closet in Brooklyn.
It’s not for the faint of heart. They viciously judge your fashion
sense and only give you pennies for the old Gap shirt that you wore back
in the 90s.

Groovy People Three years ago, I attended a workshop of this musical written by a
friend, Melissa Levis. Two years ago, I saw it again at the Fringe
Festival, and finally, “The Joys of Sex” is now in previews at the
Variety Arts Theatre, 110 Third Ave at 13th Street. It’s hilarious and
sexy! If you are motivated by psychological pricing, then remember
this: tix are two for $69!

Beautiful People
Ok, I listen to Rufus Wainwright’s latest CD, Want One, when I am working. It’s both soothing and disturbing
at the same time. I especially like the opening track, “Oh What A World”
where Rufus sings “Men reading fashion magazines. Straight men". I
wonder if he was thinking about that new men’s shopping magazine, Cargo.



People Are People
I saw Boy Skout a few weeks ago in Brooklyn, and these girls kick ASS!
Their sound is like a female Joy Division, and they are playing at
Saturday, April 10 at Pianos (158 Ludlow St). Show starts at 10PM and
the tickets are $7! Some other band named Au Revoir Simone opens the
show. For information on more shows at Pianos, check out
http://www.pianosnyc.com/shows.html.



Different People
Help Me Find A Boyfriend! I will reserve a few sentences each week to
let you know how it’s going. If you’re not interested, then just ignore
this section. Thanks for the good wishes from all the couples! Your
compassion is appreciated, and your advice has been taken with a grain
of salt. :) So far, I have received two referrals. If you think of
anyone eligible, please send candidates to email me at
nichellenewsletter@yahoo.com.

For more raves, rants and wit…tune into Nichelle Newsletter

No comments: